Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Gone Fishing - The ring for anyone who loves fishing, and whose site show it.  Private fishing stories, commercial charter operati

Forums     Login   Signup

Gone Fishing

Manager: tattooed_ogre
The ring for anyone who loves fishing, and whose site show it.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Bait, bait everywhere, and nary a striper to see. (5/19/13 on the Lower Conn - 05/19/2013
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-kFGw5X8_KWM/UZkwtgmaItI/AAAAAAAAA_0/biFGe1IDW9I/s400/sunrise2.jpg

Bait, bait everywhere, and nary a striper to see.   I decided to move down river this weekend, despite the stripers still hanging north of Middletown.  This was my first trip to the mouth of the CT River, as I had heard that action was pretty decent around Great Island the last week or so.   After yesterday afternoon's trip cut short (20 min. total) by a problem with the Lowrance, I was back on the water at 5am this morning.   The tide was coming in until about 7:30 , and it was dead calm.   I'll never get tired of a sunrise over the water.     I started throwing pearl Sluggos and some swim baits, and had a few swirls and swipes, but no hooksets.   Close to and hour and a half of work did not produce a fish, nor did I see any pulled in by anyone else in the area. I decided to motor north and see what I could find.   A few swirls above the 95 bridge, but I just couldn't get a fish to bite.     Just below Hamburg Cove, the water exploded with herring.   I was marking a school so thick It looked like the bottom was at 10 feet in 30+ feet of water.   Surely, bass had to be beneath.   I dropped   soft plastics through the school, bouncing them of fish as they descended.   I fished swimbaits at every level and sluggos on top.   Nada.   Nothing.   I wasn't marking any big fish either.   Same story with two or three other boats that had been working the school for a while.   Live...

Bait, bait everywhere, and nary a striper to see. (5/19/13 on the Lower Connecticut River)

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy