Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Gone Fishing - The ring for anyone who loves fishing, and whose site show it.  Private fishing stories, commercial charter operati

Forums     Login   Signup

Gone Fishing

Manager: tattooed_ogre
The ring for anyone who loves fishing, and whose site show it.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Fisher's Island Report 6/1/2013 - 06/02/2013
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZrovNIgZq_4/Uau2DV7kZ6I/AAAAAAAABA8/kxUSQECPwDs/s320/B&M.jpg

The Long Island Sound is quickly filling with bass and blues, with fish close to 60lbs. being taken this past week.   Drifting 3-way rigs with bunker has been the way to go.   While I like to get out and do this every once and a while, it's typically at night and looking for monster bass.   I much prefer light tackle and fly fishing from my skiff, targeting top water bites and fish on the smaller rips and reefs.   I simply can't safely venture out onto the big rips when the tide gets moving, and find it more fun to catch a bunch of 20-30 pound bass on 12-20lb. line setups or my 8wt.   Fisher's Island and its surroundings are usually my go-to spots.   Saturday morning I overslept, waking at 4:09 a.m. , about the time I had planned to arrive at the launch to catch both the start of the outgoing tide and predawn.   By the time I gassed up, stopped at Dunkin Donuts and got on the water it was after 6 a.m.     I decided to bypass the Clumps and make straight for the reefs around Watch Hill.   The wind was finally cooperating, and the run out was smooth.   I arrived to find more than a dozen boats on Sugar, including Jack Balint and Steve Burnett, both with charter trips.   As I mentioned in the past, Jack has been my go to captain when chartering in the LIS, and I'll be headed across to Montauk again with him this fall.   The tide was flowing nicely, but the fish that you often see breaking on the surface wer...

Fisher's Island Report 6/1/2013

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy