Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Gone Fishing - The ring for anyone who loves fishing, and whose site show it.  Private fishing stories, commercial charter operati

Forums     Login   Signup

Gone Fishing

Manager: tattooed_ogre
The ring for anyone who loves fishing, and whose site show it.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Great night of fishing on the Blackhawk with Capt. Greg Dubrule and crew! - 06/20/2013
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-y6twadOH_Ig/UcMN0k6gtbI/AAAAAAAABCE/g0EWc69uU8g/s320/983975_10151679473919456_86002358_n.jpg

The forecast was for rain and a good ebb tide.   We headed out to Race Point at 8:00pm , and I personally was hoping to finally get in some better fishing, with a shot at some big stripers.   I love going out on the Blackhawk's night trips a few times a month, as it gives me a chance to fish areas I otherwise wouldn't in my skiff, and always holds the opportunity for some really big fish.   With a limited number of angler on these trips, more time is spent fishing and less dealing with tangles, etc. I probably went out on 4-5 of these trips last season, as well as a few Happy Hour 4-10pm excusions, and a Diawa Demo trip.   I can tell you that I came home with a cooler of striper fillets on every one of them, and on three brought home the pool as well. We had a pretty good group headed out, with several of the guys having done a lot of night drift fishing.   It's not as easy as it seems, or some make it out to be.   If you've fished the Blackhawk, you've heard Capt. Greg's pre-game speech.   Keeping your rig feathered on the bottom during fast drifts without hanging up or collecting other lines takes practice.   Some guys will snag and lose $10 worth of lead and jigs every other drift.   Others will never stay in the strike zone after initial contact with the bottom.   Last night, I think all but 1-2 of the 18 anglers on board had multiple fish.   While I've been on trips where we caught a greater number of fish, I've nev...

Great night of fishing on the Blackhawk with Capt. Greg Dubrule and crew!

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy