Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Gone Fishing - The ring for anyone who loves fishing, and whose site show it.  Private fishing stories, commercial charter operati

Forums     Login   Signup

Gone Fishing

Manager: tattooed_ogre
The ring for anyone who loves fishing, and whose site show it.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Eastern Long Island Sound Fishing 7-28 - 07/28/2013
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-H1L0jlUAk1E/UfUr6G5_J3I/AAAAAAAABEU/OwBhyfTn9yk/s400/7-28-2013_002.jpg

After dragging myself out of bed Friday at 2:30am only to see that they had upped the wind forecast and issued a small craft advisory, my day finally began around 4:00pm, or about twelve hours later than expected.   I fished Watch Hill and the eastern half of Fisher's out of the Barn Island launch, this time armed with some eels as well as the usual light tackle arsenal, hoping to see numbers like I did last week.   Inner Sugar looked promising, as I marked some decent fish holding close to the bottom.   I fished it from the spindle all the way around Catumb Rocks without any luck.   I watched a few other boats come and go.   Despite the sun still hovering above the horizon, I drifted some eels across the areas I had marked.   While I managed to snag two lobster pots, losing my rigs, I hooked no stripers.   Talk about frustrating.       I ran west to East Point (Fishers), where three casts in I had a striper on.   It was a schoolie, but a fish none the less.   After a few more of those, the tide started to let go.   I decided I drag a few tubes tight through the boulder fields.   First pass, two fish on, each headed in different direction, while I was slipping boulders.    I just had to let one run in the rod holder, turning into it to avoid rocks while trying to reel on the other.   The first one came in quickly and was a schoolie that I popped off ASAP as I wanted to try and recover my oth...

Eastern Long Island Sound Fishing 7-28

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy