Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Gone Fishing - The ring for anyone who loves fishing, and whose site show it.  Private fishing stories, commercial charter operati

Forums     Login   Signup

Gone Fishing

Manager: tattooed_ogre
The ring for anyone who loves fishing, and whose site show it.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Fishin' Frogs in Your Local Pond - 08/08/2013
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-OUflA_gFIAo/UgQgNSCaJsI/AAAAAAAABG0/kJSztLAB15s/s1600/zoom.jpg

Fishin' frogs on your local pond in the summertime can be a real blast.   The technique is easy, and often one of the few that work to cover a large amount of the slimy, scummy water that you are likely encounter.   In fact, my local pond gets so scummed over that many people give up this time of year.   I love it!   Nothing beats a bass exploding through pads or scum mats and inhaling a frog.       Many of our local ponds, such as mine, are pretty shallow with little variation in bottom structure.   I'm often targeting bass in 2-3 feet of water in the middle of the pond and the day, as they will hold under the pads and scum rather than the marginally deeper water with less overhead.   Don't be afraid to go shallow!   Skip those frogs under the overhangs, right up to the banks as well. Zoom Horny Toad Booyah Pad Crasher  Bass Pro Humpin' Toad  Live Target    Stanley Ribbit Booyah Poppin Pad Crasher   Scum Frog        There are a ton of different frog lures on the market, from soft bodies like the Zoom Horny Toads, Stanley Ribbits and Bass Pro Humpin' Toads, to hollow bodies like the Livetargets, Spro Bronze Eyes, and the ones I've been fishing a lot, the Booyah Pad Crasher's and Poppin Pad Crasher's.     The techniques are petty easy.   The soft plastics can be fished fast across the to...

Fishin' Frogs in Your Local Pond

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy