Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Hobbies & Crafts - The Hobbies & Crafts WebRing covers a wide variety of hobbies and crafts. Information on tips and techniques, decora

Forums     Login   Signup

Hobbies & Crafts

Manager: graphicsbytt
Hobbies & Crafts Forum.

Sponsored Links

Come Visit The Forum
Discuss Hobbies & Crafts
  Be the first to post in Hobbies & Crafts

Scrapbooking fills my days.....
  Scrapbooking fills my days - not to mention my living room, bedroom and clo

I could keep on scrappin'
  I could keep on scrappin' or I could go to bed, but then what would I do
read...
Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

The Top European Beer Nations - 02/07/2013
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_W0Qh-GrBwA/UQwEtmcunWI/AAAAAAAABpc/xKEdr-EqoYo/s1600/silhouette_beer_drinking.jpg

When you think European beverages, you probably conjure up French wine, Italian Limoncello, Russian vodka, maybe Greek ouzo if you're adventurous. Beer, although always a reliable standby, might not be the first name on your lips. Truth is, Beer is as much a part of European culture as fine art, food and architecture. America might boast more breweries than any other country, but there's something special about sipping a 200-year-old beer in a European bar that's even older. It's no surprise that one of the continent's most beloved festivals - Oktoberfest - is a celebration of all things hops. In time for another of Europe's favourite days for a tipple - St. Patrick's Day - here is a guide to five countries where you'll get a history lesson with every pint (don't worry, you won't be quizzed). Czech Republic The Czech Republic makes a good argument for being the home of beer as we know it. Pilsner, which today describes any light beer, originate d in the Bohemian town of Plzen in the 19th century. Budweiser, North America's number 1 beer, was brewing in the Czech town of Ceske Budejovice for 100 years before the Americans put it into a six-pack. And in case anyone doubted their claim as the Masters of Beer, the Czechs have topped the list of most beer drinkers per capita. So when in the Czech Republic, pick a side in the Budweiser debate and enjoy a few pints, because chances are everyone around you will be having one too. Belgium It's one of Europe's smaller countries, but w...

The Top European Beer Nations

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy