Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Hobbies & Crafts - The Hobbies & Crafts WebRing covers a wide variety of hobbies and crafts. Information on tips and techniques, decora

Forums     Login   Signup

Hobbies & Crafts

Manager: graphicsbytt
Hobbies & Crafts Forum.

Sponsored Links

Come Visit The Forum
Discuss Hobbies & Crafts
  Be the first to post in Hobbies & Crafts

Scrapbooking fills my days.....
  Scrapbooking fills my days - not to mention my living room, bedroom and clo

I could keep on scrappin'
  I could keep on scrappin' or I could go to bed, but then what would I do
read...
Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Short Guide to Trappist Breweries in Belgium and Holland - 02/09/2013
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6zuACCWfGrI/UQwEtn3yuTI/AAAAAAAABpY/AO2X1eBwNa0/s1600/anonymous_bottles_of_beer.jpg

Trappist beers are generally considered to be amongst the best beers in the world. One of them, Westvleteren 12 is even generally considered to be THE best beer in the world. But what exactly are Trappist beers and what makes them stand out from the rest? In order to be considered a Trappist beer, a beer must meet the following three criteria: 1. the beer must be brewed by Trappist monks. Since there aren't that many of them, that already puts a serious limitation on the number of potential Trappist brewers 2. the beer must be brewed inside the walls of the abbey 3. The monks can only use the income generated by the beer sales only for their day-to-day expenses and for the maintenance of their monastery. If they have money left, it has to be donated to a good cause. Because of these strict rules, there are currently only seven abbeys in the world that meet those criteria. Six of them are located in Belgium and one in the Netherlands. Here is the list: Achel: Trappist abbey in the North of Belgium, close to the Dutch border. The abbey is surrounded by a beautiful domain, which is a tourist attraction in itself. Chimay: one of the more famous abbeys, namely their Chimay Bleu and Chimay Red are found all over the globe. Orval: wallonian abbey, who produces only one beer, and in limited numbers. Rochefort: this abbey produces three beers, Rochefort 6, 8 and 10. Rochefort 10 is considered be one of the better Belgian beers. Westmalle: well-known Trappist abbey in the countryside ...

Short Guide to Trappist Breweries in Belgium and Holland

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy